Saturday, December 22, 2007

Holiday Letter from Row D, Seats 20 and 21

Jeeze! A month gone by since last I wrote here. My Christmas cards are on their way with my blog address included and nothing here to say for myself since the middle of November. Better do something quick. Unlike some moaners and whiners I enjoy the newsletters sent along with some cards and happily read the accounts of lives lived over the past year. Those epistles are the stuff of life--from friends and relatives who want us to know "We're still here."

This year we heard for the first time from the occupants of Row D, Seats 20 and 21 at the Blyth Festival Theater in Ontario. We know Don and Bernice from having adjoining seats for several years, and we've chatted before the shows and during intermission. We've tried to explain George W. Bush to them and why we spend our money on futile wars but don't have a universal health system like they do even though only a border separates us. Don and Bernice are in their 80s now. He's a spry fellow. She's been slowed down by a hearing loss. Both are very nice Canadians and I'm glad they are "still here" and hope they will be for years to come.

They are not online, and won't see this. But good luck, Don and Bernice. We'll see you next summer!

2 comments:

Mo said...

I've enjoyed reading your blogs this past year, keep up the good work. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Stephanie Grant Duke said...

Best wishes to you on this holiday. It's only one day for us and then back on the job for all the working stiffs. We envy your Boxing Day. I'm working up another blog for books and things. I'll let you know when it's up and running.